As you’ve likely heard, Indy Connect, Central Indiana’s Transportation Initiative, recently launched. Because this process will shape the planning and implementation of our formal long range plan, it is critical that the voices of all citizens are heard! Our input is vital to ensure that this continued investment in our transportation network includes legitimate options for all users - pedestrians, bicyclists, and public transportation users, as well as motorists - regardless of age or ability. Having comprehensive transportation options in our communities provides citizens the opportunity to walk, bike, and/or use transit for getting around, thus increasing physical activity, reducing pollutants, improving access to services, and enhancing a sense of community among neighbors.
The Health by Design coalition wants to ensure that all Central Indiana citizens know about this public input process and that everyone who wants to participate is able to do so! There are several ways that people can provide feedback, based on what works best for them:
- Visit Indy Connect online (www.indyconnect.org) to submit comments
- Use the bilingual phone line (317-327-8601)
- Attend one of the remaining public meetings (www.indyconnect.org/events.htm)
- Submit hand-written comments (address available online)
- Contact Indy Connect to request a presentation/meeting with a group